Its never too late to . . .

Saturday 19 September 2009

Glowing with Gratitude

Nothing can bring a glowing pride to a teacher than the thought that you have given something invaluable to your student. 2007 saw me teaching in a professional engineering College as a substitute for another teacher. I was supposed to teach there for about a month. I had an assortment of students from different branches of engineering. The month passed by giving me some lovely memories as always.

Yesterday after a tired day I was traveling in the train from Tambaram when I chanced to meet one of the students I taught in that College. We both were very happy to see each other after two years. She shared with me something beautiful that touched me left, right and center. She narrated how in one of my classes i had asked the students to list out their favourite hobbies. She said that hers was poetry-writing and when one of the guys in the class heard this, he told it to one of his friends in the hostel about this girl and in the process a girl and a guy from two different departments absolutely unconnected had become friends and remain friends till date. This revelation makes me happy and grateful. I still can remember the twinkle in her eye when she said: "Ma'am you don't know how much you mean to me. You have given me my best friend."

What more does a teacher want. That the students get something valuable from life through the classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment