Its never too late to . . .

Tuesday 22 December 2009

As I move on . . .

As I slowly trudge on the last few days of the year, I would like to express my gratitude to everyone who walked along with me. I dedicate this prayer to you from the depths of my heart.
 
May the season's joy and peace fill and keep you in the days and years to come. 

 
Earth Teach Me to Remember by John Yellow Lark

Earth teach me stillness
as the grasses are stilled with light.
Earth teach me suffering
as old stones suffer with memory.
Earth teach me humility
as blossoms are humble with beginning.
Earth Teach me caring
as the mother who secures her young.
Earth teach me courage
as the tree which stands alone.
Earth teach me limitation
as the ant which crawls on the ground.
Earth teach me freedom
as the eagle which soars in the sky.
Earth teach me resignation
as the leaves which die in the fall.
Earth teach me regeneration
as the seed which rises in the spring.
Earth teach me to forget myself
as melted snow forgets its life.
Earth teach me to remember kindness
as dry fields weep in the rain.

Ute, North American

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful! You would think people in the west are too obsessed with their material possessions that we thought none of them think the way we do. And it is very pleasing that there are also people like us that practice the basics of life, believe in them and practice them too.

    Thank you Susan for knowing you. I know, like a the ant, I have so many limitations in responding to your most down to earth and practical thoughts lifted out from your heart to share with us.

    May you have a safe and blessed season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words Bonnie. Hope your Christmas was good as your spirit.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete